That left the rest of the day to completely veg out, which I did... LOL
Hubby said our lunch/dinner casserole was great. It was even better today for dinner accompanied with a delicious side salad and a piece of garlic toast.
32 oz. whole wheat penne pasta
2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 jar Ragu Light Parmesan Alfredo sauce
1 can Campbells Healthy Choice Cream of Mushroom sauce
1/2 medium onion - chopped
2 cloves garlic - minced
1 cup fat free (or low fat) mozzarella cheese
2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
salt & pepper - to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook whole wheat pasta according to package directions. When done, drain and set aside.
- Lightly spray skillet with cooking spray.
- Wash, pat dry, and cut chicken into bite-sized 1 inch pieces
- Cook chicken in skillet until almost cooked through (should still be able to see some pink).
- Toss in onions, stir and cook until tender.
- Make a small clear space in skillet and add garlic. Cook until fragrant, approximately one minute.
- Stir well to combine all ingredients.
- Spray 9x13 glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken and onion mixture, whole wheat pasta, alfredo sauce, cream of mushroom soup, and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Add Italian seasoning and stir well to combine.
- Pour mixture into glass baking dish.
- Add additional 1/2 cup of cheese to top of mixture.
- Spray aluminum foil with cooking spray, and cover baking dish.
- Cook for approximately 30 minutes or until cheese is all melted & bubbly.
- After done, let sit for 10 minutes and enjoy!