Kesha's Kitchen Kreations

Kesha's Kitchen Kreations

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Playing catch up and Fast & Easy Turkey Joes

I know, I know, I have been truly M.I.A. for the past couple of months. Don't think that the kitchen closed down or anything.  The hubby and I have been starting a new endeavor to raise money for our adoption.  We are now making and selling cake pops and cake ball truffles and no I'm not posting any recipes on here. Why give away my secrets so then y'all won't buy any and help us to bring our baby home?
;-)

Mmmm, now don't those look good? Too bad you guys don't have smell-o-vision because they smell & taste as good as they look! [LOL!] Seriously, though if you guys would like to take a look over at our new site, we've got a lot of goodies, homemade crafts, and jewelry for sale. We've come a long way since our beaded bracelet sale although we do still have those on there too.  The new site is available at www.BringingHomeBabyBurns.org.  Check us out and let me know if you'd like to order something.  You'd get some delicious treats to eat and we'd be a few steps closer to bringing our baby home.

Now, on to today's recipe...
I came home from work on Thursday with no clue what I wanted to eat for dinner. Thursdays are my late nights at work so I knew whatever it was it would have to be quick and easy and something involving ground turkey since that's what I had thawed in the refrigerator.  I went to Monique's blog DivasCanCook and found an easy recipe for Sloppy Joes. We had almost all the ingredients in the refrigerator, so that's what we made. Threw some sweet potato tater tots in the oven and dinner was served, quick and easy, just like I like it...

Now Monique's original recipe for her Fast & Easy Sloppy Joes can be found on the link, but you know I had to modify it. Why? Because that's what I do...  Hubby says that I have problems following directions, but I think I'm just creative and like to put my own spin on things. Besides, who knows better than I do what my taste buds like? Right??? LOL!
So here's the recipe, hope you like it. Let me know if you try it!
INGREDIENTS
1/2 pound ground beef - extra lean
1/2 pound ground turkey - extra lean
1/2 cup onions - chopped
1/2 cup bell peppers - chopped
1 clove garlic - minced
1/2 tsp seasoning salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup your favorite BBQ sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
1 tsp Liquid Smoke
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
8 oz. can tomato sauce

DIRECTIONS
1.  Spray large skillet with cooking spray. Brown ground meat and drain, set aside.
2.  Saute onions & bell peppers in skillet until tender.
3.  Add garlic and saute, stirring frequently until fragrant (approximately 1 minute).
4.  Add meat back to skillet and stir well.
5.  Add all remaining ingredients and stir well to incorporate.
6.  Reduce heat and let simmer for 3-5 more minutes.
7.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List