Kesha's Kitchen Kreations

Kesha's Kitchen Kreations

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Easy Peach Cobbler

Ok, I know I've been gone for quite some time now. There has been a lot going on over here at Casa de Burns. Hubby and I have switched adoption agencies. Now that all of our original paperwork has expired and we have to start over, we figured we would go with a local (and smaller) agency in order to get a more personalized experience. We didn't want to be just one of the thousands with something so important as adopting a baby.

We've also moved (again). So on top of work, trying to save, and relocating, I am just now getting my mojo back with the cooking. Yesterday was Independence Day and it was too hot to try grilling since we got up early to go to the gym instead of getting the grill fired up. By the time we got out, it was scorching outside, so I made my BBQ Pulled Pork in the crockpot, thawed out some Hawaiian Rolls (you mean, you don't keep a supply of Hawaiian Rolls in your freezer??? LOL), made some BBQ baked beans, and salad, and there was our 4th of July dinner.  I decided to make a homemade peach cobbler for dessert because I wanted something quick and easy. I also had some fresh peaches in the refrigerator that were just begging to be used, so here we go.  I hope you enjoy...






I was actually quite pleased with how easy it was to make this cobbler. I started off by peeling and chopping 3 fresh peaches.  You can use drained canned peaches or thawed frozen peaches, but I used what I had in the refrigerator. The original recipe makes a big 9 x 13 pan of cobbler but it was just the two of us for the 4th this year so I made a smaller 8 x 8 pan. Feel free to double everything if you need the bigger recipe.

INGREDIENTS
3-4 medium sized fresh peaches (approximately 2 cups)
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar (divided into 1/4 cups)
1/2 cup brown sugar (divided into 1/4 cups)
1/4 cup unsalted butter (1/2 stick)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp lemon juicde
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla flavoring
pinch of salt

DIRECTIONS
1.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2.  Melt butter in 8 x 8 baking dish in oven.
3.  In mixing bowl, combine flour, 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and milk.  Stir until dry ingredients are moistened.
4.  Pour batter over melted butter. DO NOT STIR!
5.  In a sauce pan, bring remaining 1/2 cup sugar (1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup white sugar), peach slices, and lemon juice to a boil over heat, stirring constantly.
6.  Remove from heat and add vanilla, nutmeg, and cinnamon.  Stir well.
7.  Pour peach mixture over batter.  DO NOT STIR!
8.  Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in crust comes out clean.
9.  Enjoy! Can be served warm or cold and is especially delicious with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped topping on top.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List