Sunday Dinner:Last Sunday, the hubby and I made Bourbon Chicken with white rice.
I am a big Food Network and YouTube food cooking channel fan, so when I came across this recipe via divascancook and on YouTube at Ateyaaa, I had to try it. Let me say that it turned out so good. The sauce was delicious (savory & sweet), the chicken was tender, and the smells coming from my kitchen were amazing!
Definitely check it out, you won't be disappointed!
[Disclaimer: If you follow the recipe exactly as they make it, it doesn't have Bourbon in it, but it is my understanding that you can substitute the water for actual Bourbon.]
3 large chicken breasts
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 teaspoon ginger
3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup of apple juice
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 Tablespoon ketchup
1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
1/4 -1/2 cup water
1/3 cup soy sauce
- Cut up 3 large chicken breast into cubes
- Heat 2 T. of olive oil in a large sauce pan.
- Add chicken into the pan and cook until almost done (white on the outside). Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
Let's make the yummy sauce!
- Now in a large saucepan add:
1 clove of minced garlic
¼ tsp. ginger
¾ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
¼ c. apple juice
1/3 c. brown sugar
2 Tbs. ketchup
1 Tbs. cider vinegar
1/3 c. soy sauce
¼ or ½ c. of water.
(If you want the sauce to be thin like in the Chinese restaurants use 1/2 c. If you want a glaze-like texture use 1/4 c.)
- Heat over medium heat until sugar has dissolved and everything has combined.
- Now add the chicken in and bring it to a hard boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
Serve chicken & sauce over hot rice!