Kesha's Kitchen Kreations

Kesha's Kitchen Kreations

Friday, March 11, 2011

MUSIC BLAST: Walter Hawkins - Thank You Lord (for all you've done)



Thank God it's Friday, family!
I woke up this morning to hear about an 8.9 earthquake and resulting tsunami to hit the pacific coast, specifically along northeastern Japan and Tokyo all the way down to Hawaii. A Yahoo news posting stated, "The magnitude-8.9 offshore quake unleashed a 23-foot (seven-meter) tsunami and was followed by more than 50 aftershocks for hours, many of them of more than magnitude 6.0." It also stated that, "A tsunami warning was extended to a number of areas in the Pacific, Southeast Asian and Latin American nations, including Japan, Russia, Indonesia, New Zealand and Chile." There have been hundreds of people to die and even more are missing and unaccounted for at this time. The pictures being shown online and on the news are terrifying.

So, after praying for the people stricken by this horrible disaster, this song popped in my mind. We can't take anything for granted and we really must be appreciative of all of our blessings, the big and the small. I thank You, Lord, because it could have been me and if it had not been for Your grace and mercy and Your hedge of protection around me, I don't know where I would be. So, I thank You for keeping me and protecting me and my family, friends, and extended family and friends. I'm grateful that my husband's parents who live in Okinawa, Japan are safe and were not affected by the earthquake or the tsunami.

Let today be a day of prayer for those in need and a day to give thanks for our blessings.
Thank God it's Friday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List