Back to Monique's blog at YesDivasCanCook. This delicious drink came from her video entry to Recipe Lion, found here. I'm not sure if it was a contest or not, but she added it to her email for summer recipes. Since I happened to have some watermelon already chilling in the refrigerator, I thought I would try this yummy looking drink. It was pretty easy to make and tasted amazing! Of course I changed it a bit by adding a little coconut rum to it. Trust me, it was great! LOL
Here's the recipe, I hope you enjoy!
16 oz. Seltzer Water
3-4 cups watermelon – cubed
2/3 cup hot water
½ cup sugar (more or less depending on how sweet your watermelon is)
½ cup fresh lemon juice – equiv. to 2 large lemons
2-4 oz Coconut Rum (optional)
- Combine sugar with hot water to make simple syrup. Stir until sugar has dissolved, set aside.
- Add chopped watermelon to blender, puree until chunks are gone, approximately 1 minute.
- Strain watermelon puree in mesh strainer to remove pulp and seeds over your serving pitcher. May have to use a spoon or spatula to stir the watermelon to press juice through strainer.
- Add simple syrup and lemon juice into serving pitcher. Stir to combine.
- Pour seltzer water into serving pitcher. Stir well.
- Add coconut rum to mixture and stir well (optional).
- Pour into glasses directly over ice.
- Garnish with a slice of lemon or a watermelon wedge and enjoy!