Kesha's Kitchen Kreations

Kesha's Kitchen Kreations

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti


So Thursday nights are my late nights at work.  I don't get off until 7pm.  I sent my hubby a text around 5:30 or so asking him if he felt up to making my latest Kitchen Kreation for me or did he want to go get some take out.
He never replied back, so I just thought, oh well, he'll figure it out.
LOL!

So anyway, I came up with this new one and calculated the recipe out on sparkpeople. For 8 small servings, the calorie count came out to 197! For 6 larger servings, the calorie count was 263!  Have I mentioned before how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE figuring out a low calorie meal???  It turned out to be really good, very nutritious and full of vegetables.

INGREDIENTS

    6 cups cooked spaghetti squash (1 small-medium sized squash)
    3 cloves garlic - minced
    1 jar Ragu sauce (I used the Ragu Sauteed Onion & Garlic, but feel free to use your favorite)
    2 Tbsp ketchup (optional - more or less to taste)
    1 cup onions - chopped
    1 cup bell peppers - chopped
    1 pound lean ground turkey (93%)
    2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
    1 tsp ground black pepper
    1/2 tsp salt (optional)
     
DIRECTIONS
1. Stab squash several times and put it in the ;microwave on high for 12-15 minutes.
2. While squash is cooking, brown ground turkey.
3. Add onions, bell pepper and garlic. Saute until tender.
4. Drain any excess grease or liquid when done and set aside.
5. When squash is tender, slice the squash open, and scoop out and discard the seeds.
3. Take a fork and start scraping at the "meat" of the squash.
4. Over medium-low heat, place squash and meat in medium sized pot. Add spaghetti sauce to pot. Stir well to combine.
5. Add ketchup, Italian seasoning, salt & pepper to pot. Stir well.
6. (Optional) Top with 1 tsp of Parmesan cheese and enjoy!


Hubby said this was his kind of recipe. It was easy and delicious! This is actually only the 2nd time we have tried the spaghetti squash but I believe it's a keeper.
Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yummy where is my serving LMAO. I am now following you through my blog as well

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List