Kesha's Kitchen Kreations

Kesha's Kitchen Kreations

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thanksgiving Dinner Party




I'm so happy right now. My first dinner party was a great success.  Hubby finished cleaning the house and getting everything in order for our guests while I finished cooking the food.  This year I wanted to have a dinner party to celebrate Thanksgiving before the big date since all of the Philly family will be scattered this year.

On the menu was a smoked turkey breast and a mini ham from the wonderful Honeybaked Ham store.
We had Pineapple Iced Tea Punch to drink and I made all the sides starting with the dressing and ending with two desserts.  The sides included the cornbread dressing, southern baked macaroni & cheese, turnip greens with chopped turnips, baked candied butternut squash, Sister Shubert yeast rolls, homemade onion gravy, and a delicious orange cranberry sauce.  For dessert, we had a lemon cake with cream cheese icing and my new revised sweet potato pie recipe that I think I'm going to keep top secret.

Recipes will follow soon!

If I don't get a chance to say so before then, I wish everyone a blessed and happy holiday season.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List