I found this recipe on the back of the Gingerbread Cookie mix. It can also be found on the Betty Crocker website.
Let me tell you, if you are a fan of gingerbread, either as a cookie or in cake form and you love cheesecake like I do, then you will LOVE LOVE LOVE this dessert! It is so yummy. I give it a definite two thumbs up and will definitely be making it again.
1 pouch Betty Crocker gingerbread cookie mix
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
1 Tbsp water
14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Heat oven to 375°. Spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, water and egg until soft dough forms.
- Make 5 cookies by shaping dough into 5 (1-inch) balls. Place balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten slightly with bottom of glass dipped in sugar. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are set. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, press remaining dough in pan. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In large bowl, beat milk, cream cheese and lemon juice with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over cooled cookie base.
- Crumble 5 baked cookies; sprinkle over cream cheese mixture. Cover; refrigerate about 1 hour or until chilled. Store covered in refrigerator.