Kesha's Kitchen Kreations

Kesha's Kitchen Kreations

Thursday, December 16, 2010

KITCHEN KREATIONS: Chicken Alfredo Pizza



MIDWEEK FEAST: Chicken Alfredo Pizza

One of the blogs that I follow is named "Cooking with Cynthia". I have been eyeballing one of her recipes for a homemade pizza and I finally decided to make it tonight.

Of course, I had to change and adapt the recipe just a little bit (that's what I do). Let me tell you, I think that Cynthia has made me a convert from the store-bought and restaurant pizza lover to a home-made pizza lover. On top of knowing exactly what is going on my pizza, the amount of salt, etc., I feel like it is a lot healthier. That is probably just a delusion considering the amount of cheese I layered on this thing, but at least I did good and only ate one slice. Hmm, as of this exact moment, I have only had one slice... [LOL]

This pizza is really easy to make and let me tell you, it was delicious! Cynthia's original version can be found here on her Chicken Alfredo Pizza page. For my version of her recipe, here are the ingredients and directions:

Ingredients
4-5 boneless skinless chicken tenderloins (thawed, cleaned, and cut into chunks)
1 can Pillsbury pizza crust
8 oz. bag of shredded cheese (I used the mixed Pizza blend)
1/2 cup Ragu Alfredo sauce
1/2 package frozen chopped spinach (thawed)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
Pam cooking spray
Seasoning - to taste
(I used Tony Chachere's creole seasoning, Italian seasonings, black pepper, garlic powder, & onion powder - approximately 1/2 to 1 tsp each.)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Directions
  1. Place chopped spinach in microwaveable bowl. Microwave on high for 4 minutes.
  2. Season chicken with whatever seasonings you prefer.
  3. Saute onion and garlic in vegetable oil until soft and tender.
  4. Add chicken and saute in skillet until lightly browned.
  5. While chicken, onion, and garlic are cooking, hand roll pizza crust into pizza pan.
  6. (Optional) Spray pizza crust lightly with cooking spray and sprinkle a light dusting of garlic salt & Italian seasonings onto pizza crust.
  7. Poke holes in pizza crust with fork.
  8. Spread the alfredo sauce on pizza crust evenly.
  9. Add 1/2 bag of cheese (approximately 1 cup).
  10. Squeeze moisture out of chopped spinach and use approximately 1/2 of package. Place onto pizza.
  11. Add onion, garlic, and chicken mixture to pizza, spreading evenly.
  12. Add remaining cheese to pizza (approximately 1 cup).
  13. Place in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese has melted.
  14. Enjoy!
Again, I repeat, this was super easy to make and came out delicious. Disclaimer: if you aren't a garlic lover, feel free to decrease the amount or omit it all together. My happily-stuffed lab rat (aka my dear hubby) gives this two thumbs and a big toe up! LOL
Hope you enjoy it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that looks good, will definitely try it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List