Kesha's Kitchen Kreations

Kesha's Kitchen Kreations

Sunday, November 7, 2010

KITCHEN KREATIONS: Beef stew with vegetables and Sweet Potato Pie for dessert

Sunday Dinner:

So, for tonight's dinner, the hubby and I had home-style beef stew. You know, the kind where you have to let the meat cook for some hours in the crock pot before adding your veggies and seasonings. The stew that I make is really more of a thick vegetable soup because I like a lot of broth, but the DH assures me that the stew gets two thumbs up and we can't wait to eat more of it tomorrow after it has sat and marinated in the refrigerator overnight. I will probably make a batch of cornbread to go with it tomorrow.
For dessert, I made sweet potato pie. I had to call my aunt in Little Rock for a good recipe because my mama had already left for church this morning. I got up early, washed a load of clothes, and ran to the grocery store all before getting cleaned up and dressed for church this morning. Yaayyy for daylight savings time! (LOL) Well, I have to admit, that pie turned out to be the absolute best sweet potato pie that I have EVER made in my life and I do like to experiment with the recipes. The hubby has proclaimed himself to be my "happily stuffed lab rat". LOL!
He says that he does not mind if I experiment on him because so far, everything has come out really good. I think that the sweet potato pie has become #1 in his affections of kitchen creations. Will post a picture of the pie in the next post.

Beefy Vegetable Stew

1 pound beef stew meat
2 bags frozen mixed vegetables
1 8oz can tomato sauce
2 packages of McCormick's Beef Stew Seasoning
1/2 chopped onion
3 medium sized diced potatoes
1 can diced tomatoes and chiles (I used Rotel brand, but any kind should work)
3-4 cups beef broth

Dump everything into your slow cooker (crock pot) and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List