Kesha's Kitchen Kreations

Kesha's Kitchen Kreations

Sunday, November 14, 2010

KITCHEN KREATIONS: Chicken with creamed spinach sauce over rice


Sunday Dinner:

So, for tonight's dinner, I thought I would try experimenting on the hubby, my self-proclaimed "happily stuffed lab rat"... [LOL]

A few weeks ago, I was watching my girl Ateyaaa's channel on youtube again and saw a video that she did on Basa fish with Creamed spinach sauce. I watched the video and thought, hmm, that would probably be really tasty with chicken. I modified the recipe quite a bit and made it my own. I'm quite pleased and proud of myself because this is the first time that I have deviated from the recipes given to make my own recipe. So here you go, the first Kesha's Kitchen Kreations recipe. Hope you enjoy! Let me know how it came out...

Ingredients

1 pound chicken tenderloins

1 cup rice

1 can Cream of Chicken & Mushroom soup

Milk

1 box frozen creamed spinach

1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

4 oz. cream cheese (½ block)

½ cup chopped onions

1 tsp minced garlic

1 Tbs butter

Nutmeg

Cayenne pepper

Parsley

Preheat oven to 400o.

  1. Wash and season the chicken according to your taste. [I used approx 2 tsp Tony Cachere’s creole seasoning, 2 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp onion powder, & 2 pinches of parsley.]
  2. Place chicken in oven-safe baking dish and bake for approximately 15-20 minutes.
  3. While chicken is baking, cook rice according to directions.
  4. Prepare the frozen creamed spinach according to package directions.
  5. Prepare sauce.
    1. Melt butter in pot.
    2. Add garlic and onions. Saute until tender.
    3. Add can of Cream of Chicken & Mushroom soup.
    4. Add milk (fill empty soup can with milk and pour in pot).
    5. Stir well until integrated.
    6. Add the cooked creamed spinach to mixture and stir well.
    7. Add ½ of the mozzarella cheese to sauce.
    8. Cut up cream cheese into cubes and add to mixture.
    9. Add 1 dash of cayenne pepper and 2 dashes of nutmeg to sauce.
    10. Stir well until integrated and bring to boil.
  6. After 15-20 minutes in the oven, remove chicken and pour sauce over chicken.
  7. Place chicken and sauce mixture back in the oven for an additional 15-20 minutes.
  8. After done, remove from oven, and add the remaining half of the mozzarella cheese on top.
  9. Place over cooked rice and enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List