Oh my goodness, words cannot describe how amazing these cupcakes are. I must give credit where credit is due and thank Monique from Yes, Divas Can Cook for this amazing recipe. You know it's bad for you when you have to take a moment of silence to thank the Lord for the flavors exploding on your tongue. These cupcakes are in no way good for you so if you are on a diet, don't even pretend that you are just going to eat a piece. I promise after one bite you will eat the whole cupcake. I am sitting here typing this blog post so that I don't knock my hubby over trying to get another one. One is enough for tonight, right???
Here are the ingredients and directions with my adaptations. Of course I had to do a lil something to it cuz that's what I do. You know that, fam! (LOL) The original recipe can be found here and used Cool Whip for the frosting. I made my own cream cheese frosting and it only enhanced the flavors of the cupcake. You have got to try this one. I am telling myself that since it has real bananas in it, it's good for me. Shouldn't a cupcake with bananas be added to the four food groups? I think that it would get my vote...
· 1 box French Vanilla Cake Mix
· 1 box Instant Banana Cream Pudding (3.4 oz)
· 3 eggs
· ½ cup vegetable oil
· ½ cup water
· ½ cup milk
· 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
· 10 oz. of PHILADELPHIA Original Cooking Creme
· 1 cup of bananas – ripened & smashed (approx 2-3 medium sized)
· 2 cups Vanilla Wafers – crushed (plus more for garnishing if desired)
Cream Cheese Frosting
8 oz. Cream Cheese
1 Tbsp butter – melted
4 Tbsp milk
2 cup confectioners sugar
1 tsp banana flavoring
4 oz Cool Whip (½ of 8 oz container)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, add in the first 8 ingredients.
3. Mix until all of the ingredients are combined.
4. Fold in the bananas and vanilla wafers.
5. Line cupcake pans with cupcake baking papers.
6. Spoon the batter into the cupcake baking papers (about 3/4 full)
7. Place the cupcakes into a preheated oven for 18-20 minutes.
8. When cupcakes are done, remove them from the pan and place them on a baking sheet.
9. Allow cupcakes to completely cool.
10. Garnish with Cream Cheese Frosting and crushed vanilla wafers.