Kesha's Kitchen Kreations

Kesha's Kitchen Kreations

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snowmageddon 2011

Hmm, Snowmageddon... the Snowpacalypse... SnOMG...
Either way, whatever you want to call it, the blizzard of 2011 for the Midwest has struck in full force.

The view across the street

Today was day two of our being snowed in. The hubby is out there right now trying to shovel the snow. He is working in 30-60 minute shifts because it is so cold and the snow is so heavy. Unfortunately, we don't have a snow blower. We probably will have to make an investment to get one before next winter as long as we are living in the midwest.

Picture of the hubby's enthusiasm (LOL)

Yesterday, MoDoT (Missouri Dept of Transportation) completely closed down I-70 for the entire state, from Kansas City all the way to Missouri. The entire state? Yes, the entire state...
Crazy, huh? It reopened by 7:00 this morning, but they are slow getting to the residential side streets. Probably because of the large amount of snow that blew through Missouri. I think the official count for Jefferson City was 18 inches, but I think we got more out here in the burbs. I know our snow drift that blew up against the house was taller than 18 inches.

Snow drift at the front porch

The storm caused thousands of flights to be cancelled and the Univ. of Missouri has now cancelled classes for the 3rd day. The news crew is saying that if you don't have to go out, stay in. If you have to go out, then go out in a 4-wheel drive vehicle or else you may be trapped wherever you are going.

View of the snow on our balcony

Meanwhile, I have been cooking up a storm in my semi-boredom. Yesterday, I made my first frittata and Mexican Enchilada Casserole. Today, I am thinking about making these Red Velvet Whoopie Pies (without the cocoa in them) but with the Cinnamon Cream Cheese Filling from Susan at http://doughmesstic.blogspot.com/. Hubby swears that I am trying to sabotage his weight loss plans, but I told him that's why we work out. (hehehe) Hey, it's not my fault if he continues to get seconds, right? We'll see on Monday if my weight has increased, decreased, or stayed the same with the extra dessert but the definite increase in my aerobic schedule.

Ahh, where to start???

So, we're snowed in and I get to try all of the recipes that I've been wanting to try.
This is awesome!
Stay posted to see what else is going on over here in the Kitchen. Have a good remainder of the week and if you are stuck in this blizzard too, be safe.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List