Kesha's Kitchen Kreations

Kesha's Kitchen Kreations

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sophia's: Columbia, MO


Location: 3915 South Providence Road
Columbia, MO 65203-7106

Since Valentine's Day fell on a Monday this year, the hubby and I celebrated by having a full weekend of fun dates and activities. We went out to our weekly Friday-night date, saw a movie on Saturday, got to see the Ellis Marsalis quartet on Sunday (living jazz legend), and went to Sophia's on Monday night for dinner.


For Valentine's Day, the hubby surprised me with beautiful roses and a trip to one of the most romantic restaurants that we've found in Columbia. Sophia's is a very nice restaurant for a date night. Their website states, "
Sophia's offers Southern European influenced cuisine in the heart of Columbia, Missouri. From the Godiva Ahi Tuna to Brandy Cream Filet, there is something for everyone at Sophia's." This was definitely true. Although the staff was hustling with the Valentine's Day rush and we did have a 30-40 minute wait, our waitress was still very friendly and helpful. This was our first time going to Sophia's, but we will definitely be back.

I ordered the Sophia's Blacked Shrimp Pasta dish. Oh. My. Word. Talk about yummy deliciousness. It was amazing and I think I have to have it again before I try a new dish. The menu described my dish as, "Shrimp blackened with a spanish spice crust, served over our creamy marinara, roasted red peppers, onion, tomato, and angel hair pasta." It was spicy and really good.


The hubby had the Chicken Mudega. My taste test of his dish turned out to be quite tasty too. The menu described his dish as, "Lightly breaded chicken breast topped with provolone cheese, sauteed with button mushrooms, prosciutto, and a tarragon cream sauce. Served over angel hair pasta." Hubby gave it two thumbs up.


We had a wonderful Valentine's weekend. I highly recommend Sophia's Restaurant for a romantic dinner date. Try it, you will love the ambience and the food.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List