View from our front porch...
Welcome to Snowmageddon 2011... Weather forecast is predicting up to 22 inches!!!
View from our balcony...
The hubby and I are snowed in today. The forecast is predicting up to 22 inches of snow by noon tomorrow. Looks like I may get to have two days at home with my honey bunny. Yippee!!!
So, in honor of our snow day together, we are making breakfast. I thought I would try making a frittata. I couldn't find a recipe that I liked, so hey, I made up my own. Let me know if you decide to make it and tell me what you think.
1/2 pound breakfast sausage
1 frozen bag onions and bell peppers (as much as you like, to taste)
frozen breakfast potatoes
2 cups shredded cheese (divided)
10 oz can of cream of mushroom soup
10 oz amount of skim milk (use empty soup can to measure)
1/2 bag frozen chopped spinach
1 Tbsp olive oil
Pam butter flavored cooking spray
Seasonings (your preference-to taste)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat cooking oil in skillet and saute onions and bell peppers until tender.
- Add breakfast sausage to skillet and cook until browned.
- Drain grease from sausage and onion mixture and remove from heat.
- Microwave spinach in container with 1-2 Tbsp water covered with saran wrap for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain spinach well.
- Mix eggs, cream of mushroom, and milk and whisk until combined.
- Add seasonings to egg mixture if desired.
- Add 3/4 cup of shredded cheese and mix well.
- Spray casserole dish with Pam cooking spray.
- Layer bottom of casserole dish with frozen breakfast potatoes.
- Mix spinach with sausage mixture.
- Layer spinach and sausage mixture over potatoes.
- Pour egg and cheese mixture into casserole dish.
- Bake in oven for 40-50 minutes or until casserole gets firm and inserted fork comes out clean.
- Remove from oven.
- Spread remaining 1/4 cup cheese over casserole, cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.