Kesha's Kitchen Kreations

Kesha's Kitchen Kreations

Thursday, January 6, 2011

KITCHEN KREATIONS: Chicken Stir-Fry w. Brown Rice (new & improved recipe)

DSC00276

MIDWEEK FEAST: Chicken Stir-Fry w. Brown Rice (new recipe)

So, tonight I wanted to try my hand at making Chinese again. We had some left over chicken thighs from our Chicken Alfredo pizza that I made yesterday. It was so yummy and I had 3 chicken thighs left, so I thought well, what can I make that will be quick and easy and semi-healthy for us. I thought about trying out a Food Network recipe that I found for Chicken Parmigiana, but changed my mind. It didn't seem as easy or as quick as making the stir-fry, so that's what I chose. I thought I would try some of my new Chinese 5-Spice seasoning that I got from the wonderful Soulard Spice Shop located at the Soulard Market in St. Louis, MO. [The link to order online is included, just click on the name. You can get every spice imaginable from them! I will be doing a blog about the Spice Shop another day after going to visit them again to try to get some pictures.]

I also changed the recipe by adding a little ginger to it. It definitely gave the stir-fry a different taste, not better or worst, just different. We both approve. So, I hope that someone out there tries my Stir-Fry recipe and lets me know what you think. Thanks again and have a blessed day!

Ingredients
2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
1-2 bags frozen stir-fry vegetables (of your choice. We use 2 bags b/c I like a lot of veggies.)
½ medium onion
½ tsp garlic salt
2 tsp cornstarch
4 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp cooking oil (or stir fry oil)

Sauce Ingredients

1 cup chicken broth
4 Tbsp soy sauce
4 Tbsp oyster sauce
2 Tbsp sugar
½ tsp ground ginger
½ tsp Chinese 5 spices seasoning
2 tsp cornstarch with water (thickener)

Directions:

  1. Remove all of the fat from the chicken and then cut each breast into 1 inch pieces.
  2. Sprinkle these pieces with the garlic salt and cornstarch and mix it in thoroughly. Then set the pieces aside while preparing the other ingredients.
  3. In a large cup, mix together all of the ingredients for the sauce and set this mixture aside.
  4. In a small cup, make the thickener by mixing the cornstarch with a little water just until it dissolves and set it aside.
  5. Heat a non stick wok on high. Once the wok is hot add the cooking oil and let it get hot.
  6. When the oil is hot, add the onions and garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes to soften.
  7. Add the chicken and stir fry it until it browns, about 6 to 8 minutes. To help the chicken brown quickly, let it sit for about 2 minutes on one side, then stir it, flipping it over. Let it sit again for another 2 minutes before stirring once more.
  8. Once the chicken browns, add in the vegetables and saute until tender.
  9. Add the sauce mixture. Add first 6 sauce ingredients together and let the sauce come to a boil.
  10. Once the sauce boils, add in the cornstarch mixture and stir until it becomes thick.
  11. Then remove from the heat and serve. This is great with fried rice and white or brown steamed rice.
  12. Eat and enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was very delicious. I want to try that stir fry recipes. Because I am only in the house and no one can help me to cook. I also read on how to cook stir fry recipe here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List