Tonight, the hubby and I decided to have breakfast for dinner.
He often indulges me when I find a new recipe and tonight was no exception. I found this one on Pillsbury.com and it was originally titled Bacon & Cheddar Pinwheels which we have made before and they turned out great.
This time I decided to switch it up a bit and make it with the Jimmy Dean "All Natural" sausage. Hubby said that they turned out great. We scrambled up a couple of eggs, added a side of grapes, and a glass of orange juice and breakfast (for dinner) was served.
1/2 package of Jimmy Dean sausage
1 package Pillsbury crescent rolls
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 Tbsp Philadelphia Sour Cream & Chives cream cheese
1/4 cup diced onions
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in skillet and saute onions and garlic until tender.
- Add sausage and cook until brown. Stir to combine and drain well.
- Unroll dough. Separate into 2 long rectangles. Press each into 12x4-inch rectangle.
- Firmly press perforations to seal.
- Evenly spread cream cheese over crescent dough.
- Add sausage, onion, and garlic mixture, then add cheddar cheese.
- Starting with one short side, roll up each rectangle; press edge to seal.
- Wrap in saran wrap and place in freezer for 10-20 minutes.
- With serrated knife, cut each roll into 1/2-3/4 inch slices.
- Place cut side down on ungreased cookie sheet
- Bake 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet and enjoy.