Kesha's Kitchen Kreations

Kesha's Kitchen Kreations

Thursday, January 27, 2011

KITCHEN KREATIONS: Chinese Beef & Broccoli



So apparently, my doctor feels that I need to increase my red meat intake. (Sigh...) I truly am not a big beef eater, but I told the hubby that I would try to start making more beef for dinner. He responded with a loud and profound "YESSS"! LOL. My hubby is definitely a steak and potatoes kind of guy...


Well, you guys know me, anything that I can fix in my new wok is gonna be high on the recipe finder list. So, back to Youtube I went to look for a good-looking and delicious-sounding recipe. Of course I checked out my girl Lila's site. I've never been disappointed by anything that I've made from her page. I also checked out my current obsession with Kai. He had a good-looking Mongolian Beef video, but there were too many ingredients that I didn't have in the house and I really didn't feel like going to the grocery store. So, I combined aspects of his recipe with parts of Lila's and made my own tasty homemade Chinese.

It came out really great and tasted delicious. Hope you enjoy the recipe.

INGREDIENTS
1 lb flank steak or stir-fry beef - cut into 1-2 inch pieces
1 bag frozen broccoli cuts
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cloves minced garlic
3 Tbsp cooking oil

Meat Marinade (Marinate for approx. 10 mins while preparing other ingredients):
1 Tbsp cooking wine
1/2 tsp garlic salt

Stir-Fry Sauce (can halve the sauce for less if you like):
1 cup beef broth
4 tsp sugar
4 tsp rice vinegar
4 Tbsp oyster sauce
2 Tbsp soy sauce

Sauce Thickener:
2 Tbsp cornstarch
Water (just enough to dissolve cornstarch when stirred)

DIRECTIONS:
  1. Heat 2 Tbsp cooking oil in wok on high heat.
  2. Cook onions and garlic in oil until tender.
  3. Add beef to wok until browned (should still be pink in the center to avoid overcooking).
  4. Remove beef from wok and add 1 Tbsp cooking oil to wok to heat.
  5. Add broccoli cuts and stir fry until tender.
  6. Add beef back to wok.
  7. Add stir fry sauce to wok and heat until boiling.
  8. Pour sauce thickener into mixture, stir well and return to boil.
  9. Simmer on low heat until sauce has thickened.
  10. Serve with rice and enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List